Skip to main content

Autumn Questionnaire

       Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the colors of the leaves, the rain showers, the crisp air that is perfect for walks and that prepares you for snow, the fall fashion, curling up in a blanket with a book and a hot drink, the days ending earlier, and almost everything else that comes with autumn! Though I don't care much for stink bugs or for the plethora of spiders in the house, I have to admit. 
       It is a lot of fun to find little ways to celebrate your favorite things, and one of the ways I like to celebrate is to find out what other people like about my favorite things! Therefore, I decided to write up a brief autumn-themed questionnaire. Questionnaires can be good ways to get to know people better, or to just sit down to take a break from the busy-ness of life and have some fun! You are welcome to print off this questionnaire for fall festivals, for something to do with your family and friends, or for whatever other reason you may have! I will be giving my answers in the comments section, which you are welcome to do, as well! Enjoy! 

1. What is your favorite fall drink?

2. Which autumn colors do you like the best?

3. Which fall dessert is your favorite?

4. What is your favorite song about autumn?

5. And your favorite movie set in autumn?

6. What are your favorite fall pastimes?

7. Which fall flavor is your favorite?

8. Favorite autumn scent?

9. What is your favorite fall food, overall? (Main dish, side dish or dessert)


Comments

  1. 1. What is your favorite fall drink?
    Maple lattes, old fashioned apple cider.
    2. Which autumn colors do you like the best?
    Cranberry, plum.
    3. Which fall dessert is your favorite?
    Apple or pumpkin pie.
    4. What is your favorite song about autumn?
    "Autumn Leaves" and "September in the Rain", both by Doris Day.
    5. And your favorite movie set in autumn?
    "Rudy", "Meet Me in St. Louis" (though that one isn't entirely in autumn).
    6. What are your favorite fall pastimes?
    Jumping in giant leaf piles, sitting with a blanket and a hot drink while I watch rain fall, walking through a college campus with leaves falling around me and church bells chiming the hour.
    7. Which fall flavor is your favorite?
    Maple, caramel.
    8. Favorite autumn scent?
    Cinnamon.
    9. What is your favorite fall food, overall? (Main dish, side dish or dessert)
    Apple nut bread, sweet potato casserole

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. What is your favorite fall drink?
    Usually I like hot chocolate, this year I am favoring a strong black tea, sweet and with a lot of cream!

    2. Which autumn colors do you like the best? Brown and deep red (burgundy, mahogany)


    3. Which fall dessert is your favorite?
    We have a special pumpkin cake with chocolate chips in it that we only make once a year! This year was so fun, Heather and I randomly each made it at our own houses on the same day!!!!

    4. What is your favorite song about autumn? Does "In Thanksgiving Let us Praise Him" by Claire Cloninger count? I love the line - 'every breath we take is sacred, for it is God's gift to us'!


    5. And your favorite movie set in autumn?
    Whoah! I can't think of any - what am I missing out on?

    6. What are your favorite fall pastimes?
    Riding oxen, golden picnics, rainy day book reading, pressing apple cider, gathering in the garden bounty

    7. Which fall flavor is your favorite?
    Apple cider

    8. Favorite autumn scent?
    A rainy day, apples

    9. What is your favorite fall food, overall? (Main dish, side dish or dessert) bread stuffing
    Holly Brompton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Salad Recipe

       For awhile now, I have considered sharing some of my recipes on my blog. I really enjoy cooking (and sometimes baking) without a recipe, and come up with some fancy dishes at times. I usually keep my recipes top-secret, and hardly ever even let my family in on all the ingredients I use. But I thought that some of my readers might enjoy trying my favorite recipes, so here you go! Top-secret (or, not so top-secret) recipe #1: Chicken salad.  *Disclaimer: the lighting in my kitchen is not at all wonderful, so the pictures are not going to be the most professional you have ever seen.        Start with 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast. (Any boneless chicken will do, but chicken breast meat is my personal favorite).  Cut the chicken up into 1-2" pieces, transfer it to a frying pan, and put the frying pan on the stove. Turn the heat to medium-high. Drizzle 1 Ts. olive oil over the chicken; add 1/4 tsp. each of thyme, rosemary and ginger, and one bay leaf. Saut

Discipleship - What is it?

       Discipleship is something that has been stressed a lot in my life during the past year or so. During my senior year in Bible School, I was an RA, and I was leading a one-on-one Bible Study on I John for counseling class. The responsibility of those two things, coupled with the enthusiasm my counseling teacher had for discipleship, instilled in me a passion for discipling others, and a desire to become a more fervent disciple of Christ.        Close to a year ago, I began a short study on my own to learn more about discipleship. I wanted to find the answer to the questions, "What is discipleship?"; "How did Jesus disciple others while He was on Earth?"; "What is required to disciple others?"; "How can we learn discipleship?"; and, "What methods can be used in discipling others?"        I plan to do a short blog series on discipleship, hopefully giving answers to these questions and giving my readers a desire to learn more about